Botanical Name: Salvia sclarea
Cultivation: EcoCert organic cultivation in France
Composition: 100% Clary Sage flower essential oil, certified organic by EcoCert
Extraction: Water-steam distillation of the flowering tops of Clary Sage.
Primary Constituents: Esters, monoterpenols; linalyl acetate
Color: Clear to yellow, olive
Our organic philosophyOrganic and natural plant-powered science is the basis of every neatbud product. We select ingredients that are proven to be biologically compatible with our skin, hair, and bodies. We take great care in certifying our products with a third party certification, EcoCert.
What is ECOCERT?Established in 2003, ECOCERT was the first organization to develop a clear product certification that standardizes the meaning of "natural" and "organic" beauty (believe it or not!). The company tapped suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, consumers, and developers of the products that line beauty shelves to create guidelines that must be adhered to in order for a formula to be labeled ECOCERT.
What are the guidelines?
To be classified as ECOCERT, a formula can't contain any of the following types of ingredients:
- Synthetic perfumes and dyes
- Animal-derived ingredients (save for those naturally produced from animals, like milk or honey)
Plus, a minimum of 95% of the total ingredients in the formula must come from natural, organic origin. ECOCERT products' packaging must also be biodegradable or recyclable. Do not ingest essential oils. They can be used internally ONLY on the advice of a qualified physician.
- Keep essential oils out of reach of children - they can be lethal if consumed.
- It's a smart practice to combined essential oils with a carrier oils, such as apricot kernel seed oil.
- Essential oil dilutions rarely exceed 4% of the total blend. The recipes I share have been adjusted for their intended use
- USE ORGANIC, ECOCERT certified essential oils. This is the only way you can be sure they are pure.